Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chinese Market Soup

For the last few years I've made what I've termed Chinese Market Soup. The idea came about when I read an article about a open market. Where a soup vendor had a hot broth and you got to add the ingredients you wanted in the soup. And they poured the hot broth over it and you had a soup just the way you like it.

I line up all the ingredients for everyone to pick from. I always have the staples of a soup, carrots, beans, pasta, potatoes, etc. I have also put out bok choy, bean sprouts, watercress to name a few things.



The trick to serving this soup is make sure the broth is super hot. Once the broth is poured over the ingredients it cools off a bit.


The kids love it. They get to pick what they want and usually they eat the whole thing cause after all they made it themselves. LOL

Thanks for stopping by
XOXO
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment