Friday, July 1, 2011

Farmer Market Yummies

Lovely Summer brings with it Farmers Markets. You can get some very fresh veggies and fruit. Here in Peekskill we also have a small Market every Saturday. But most of the times I head to the 14 Street market in the city. I go there mostly to get the veggies I can't get at my market or the supermarket like these Garlic Scapes.

These are the curly tops of garlic plants. The farmers cut them off so the plant grows a bigger bulb. And they are very yummy. The way I cook  them is just chop them up and saute in olive oil. To me they taste like green beans with garlic.

So very yummy. So the next time your at the market pick up something strange you just might like it.

It's awesome you stopped by!!....Thanks
XOXO
E

1 comment:

  1. I bought them and never got to make them. Your saute looks delish. Will give it another go soon.

    ReplyDelete