Friday, November 16, 2012

Watercolors and Sketching


I had signed up for a class on Sketching a few months back. I just got started on it. Talk about over booking myself. LOL I completed week one of the three week course. This week was about Sketching and ideas. I just loved the idea she gave of. First you pick a word and then you think of a bunch of things that word means to you or you pick an object. Then you section off your page to give you thumbnails. Then you fill each little square with sketching. The first assignment was for radishes

I came up with 11 ideas. She said she did over 24 mini sketches. I would have loved to see her sketch book. The second assignment was to sketch owls

 
I wanted each of the owls to have a very different personality showing through. Our third assignment was sketching peas in a pod. And to add watercolor to our sketches. The one in the middle is one I made to reflect my little peas in pod. I really love the way it came out. One because I did the technique she taught of wet on wet and the other because it really does look like Clary and Gus hang out there. I still can't believe I did it. 



Our fourth assignment was to sketch cupcakes and also to add the watercolor.



I also incorporated her splatter technique. Just to cute. Her teaching style makes it easy to learn. and really cuts through my fears of messing up with watercolor.  I'll show you more when I complete week 2.

Thanks for stopping by...
XOXO
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment