Monday, November 26, 2012

Fall Paintings

A Couple of posts ago I mentioned I was taking a class from Christy Tomplinson on Halloween and Fall painting (you can read about it here)http://www.foodwineandcreativemusings.blogspot.com/2012/11/halloween-paintings.html

The first week was all about Halloween, the second is all about Fall. There were over 7 projects to do. I did three of the seven and luckily for me I have access to the class for a year. Plenty of time to go back after the holidays and work on some of the projects I couldn't get to.

Here is the first one I worked on




This was the first time I worked on a canvas this big it is 18x24. At first I was a bit intimated by the size.... could I fill the space... would it look as cute as the smaller pieces I've done. I love that I went simpler on the background it made the pumpkins really pop. The technique for the striped pumpkin was so simple but I love the way it turned out. You just glue strips of paper and then cut out your shape. The pumpkins really came alive when I added the shading and bits of detail.

The next projects I worked on was this cute owl. Christy had said to go out to the stores and get inspiration. I saw a metal owl and I used that as my inspiration for this piece.


 
 
The second Owl was from the project Christy worked on. I did mine simpler than the one from the project. But I love the three dimensional eyes.
 


I signed up for her Winter Whimsy class can't wait to get started on that one.

Thanks for stopping by!
XOXO
Esther

1 comment: