Monday, September 26, 2011

The Canopy

Remember these pails that I picked up for $1.50
And I turned them into umbrella stands
I finally got around to finishing the canopy. I bought a painters cloth from Home Depot. They come in several sizes. So you can choose the size that is right for your space. Just put some grommets in each of the four corners. A bit of a warning when picking out a grommet maker. They can be hard to place depending on the size of grommet and brand you us..  I had attached eye hooks into the top of these poles and used S hooks to attach the canopy to the poles. Here is the finished product.

I admit the poles where a little to tall for the weight of the canopy...notice the snagging... but it did the trick. We had just the right amount of shade. Next year I might switch out the PVC poles for the galvanized pipe or even copper pipe. Hmmm imagine the patina on that over time. And you don't even have to use the pipe. You can tie the canopy to  trees if you're lucky to have some in the back yard.

So for under $50.00 I got a canopy that gives some shade and adds a little character to the yard.

A special thanks goes out to Daniel who helped with his man power and did the grommet work for me. He was even kind enough to hang the canopy up as well. We wouldn't have had the shade without you.  Thanks

It's awesome you stopped by....
XOXO
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment