Friday, October 18, 2013

My First Commissioned Piece

My Aunt saw this piece I made earlier this year and fell in love with it.

 
She wanted me to make a large piece copy of it. This piece was originally done on 8.5x5. Now I had create it on an 18x24 canvas. Yikes!!! That was a lot of canvas...a lot of canvas. Can I say that again a lot of canvas. Most of my pieces up to that point were small in comparison. The largest one was 11x14. This was just about double in size. Okay I have to say it one more time that was a lot of canvas. It took me about 2 months before I finally sat down to do it.


I held my breath as I gave it to her and she loved it. What a relief. Am I still scared of those big canvases... you bet. But I'm doing another one and I'll post it when it's done.
 
Thanks for stopping by
XOXO
Esther


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the large expanse can make it hard to judge proportions. You did a great job. Beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete