Sunday, March 4, 2012

An Altered Book

I am taking an on-line art class from Jeanne Oliver. Her art called to me which inspired me to take her e-course. Check out her website and blog I find her inspiring. In one of the classes she showed us how to make altered art Journal. This was so much fun to make use of the hardcover books you have hanging around.


Taking the book apart and adding assorted papers and binding it together again. Finally adding embellishments to the front and you have a personalized journal


I found picking out the papers to put into the journal was the must challenging part of creating this journal.  I have tons of papers to chose from and narrowing it down was hard. Thinking what I was going to use the journal for once complete helped a little. Finally I just grabbed a little bit of everything and put it in. On the front cover of my journal,  I added a used paint brush which I wired beads to.


I really like the way the beads looked on the paint brush.


Another embellishment I added was taking a piece of chip board and stamping the word trust on it


Then I painted the chipboard to make the word pop


Here is my final piece. I really love the way it came out. Not so sure I want to use it now. LOL
It's to pretty.

It's awesome you stopped by....Thanks!!
XOXO
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment